Welcome to Blog on the Run: Reloaded, where the grownups are talking. Like the roundness of the Earth and 2 + 2 = 4, some things are simply established facts that commenters and I are not going to waste any time or space arguing about here. Commenters attempting to contravene this ban will get one warning, at best.
- Intelligent Design: It’s a crock.
- Rush Limbaugh: Yeah, he’s a racist.
- Torture: Always a bad idea.
- George W. Bush should have been impeached.
- Fox “News”: Biased. (And, no, I’m not talking about people who are paid to have opinions, like Hannity and O’Reilly; I’m talking about the actual news operation.)
- Sarah Palin: idiotic, self-absorbed, paranoid and a whiner. No link needed; after 50 years on this planet, I’m perfectly capable of distinguishing these characteristics on my own. UPDATE: Aw, heck, here’s one link. ANOTHER UPDATE: Aw, heck, here’s another.
- Anthropogenic global warming: too many links to even begin to list them. And if you’re going to suggest that the hacked e-mail proves global warming is a “hoax,” you have to show specifically which of the 30,000+ climate-science studies have been refuted by them. Go on. I’ll wait.
- Birtherism. Hawaii has the birth certificate, and if you seriously want to argue this, you also have to argue away the birth announcement in 1961 newspapers. And, no, “time travel” is not a winning argument in this dimension.